Friday, January 16, 2009

For my Friend

If I could
make
create
into being
join together and
bring to fruition
I would

a live
fragile
wailing
being
just waiting for you
two

hold
rock
embrace
take home
love

instead
I can only
come alongside
and cry
beg
plead
pray
and trust
together
with you

that God
will hear
grant
and
bring into being
your most
heartfelt
desire


POETRY FRIDAY:
Ann's Pain to Poetry
Jennifer's The Poetry of Facebook
Unknown Contributor's Grandmother
LL Barkat's Holding
Erica's Work of His Hand

3 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Lovely. This is the cry of many a heart for a friend. You're a dear soul.

RissaRoo said...

A beautiful poem...I especially love "just waiting for you/two"

So honestly sums up how it feels to long with someone in tandem, to wish to have a way to fix the hurt.

L.L. Barkat said...

Slowed my heart and mind. Made me feel an ache, like that of wanting an embrace.